The Summer Research Experience in Brain and Cognitive Sciences (SREBCS) is sponsored by the National Science Foundation SMA 1156522. Our application deadline is February 15, 2014. In order to apply, click on the application and create a login account. Once you have created an account an email will be sent to you. Click on the link provided to complete the application process. Complete applications received by the deadline will be given full consideration. Applications received after the deadline will be given consideration insofar as slots are still available. Please contact Jennifer Vendemia email@example.com if you would like more information.
The 2014 SREBCS
- Runs 9 weeks, from June 2, 2014 to August 2, 2014
- Includes a weekly Group Laboratory in Brain and Cognitive Sciences during which all students will participate in hands on experiences related to brain and cognitive sciences.
- Includes semi-weekly seminar presentations of research by faculty and staff
- Includes daily commitment to working in a faculty mentor’s lab on various research projects
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its possessions.
- be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a major in Psychology or related area.
- have achieved at least a 3.00 grade point average ( 4-point scale) over a minimum of 3 semesters;
- have completed at least one course in Introductory Psychology or General Psychology; one course in Experimental Psychology, Research Design, or Statistics; and one advanced undergraduate course in Cognitive, Developmental, Experimental, or Physiological (Neuroscience) Psychology.
The 10 selected students each
- Receive a stipend of $4,000 for the summer
- Will be housed on the campus in apartment style housing
- Will receive meal vouchers for weekday breakfasts and lunches
- Will present their research at the end of the session
The SREBCS is committed to providing opportunities for students from underrepresented groups in the Brain and Cognitive Sciences field. The SREBCS is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation (Award Number 1156522). For more information on other REU Sites sponsored by the National Science Foundation visit REU Sites: Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences.